These Terms and Conditions of Use (hereafter referred to as "the Terms and Conditions") govern the use of the services on this web site (hereafter referred to as "the Service") supplied by Laugh Tech, Inc. (hereafter referred to as "the Company").
All registered users (hereafter referred to as "the User/Users") shall make use of the Service by adhering to these Terms and Conditions.
Article 1. Applicability
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the relationship between the Users and the Company in connection with the use of the Service.
Article 2. User Registration
Applicants interested in registering for using the Service may do so by following the methods prescribed by the Company.
User registration requires the input of information as specified by the Company, such as e-mail address, password, etc. For the purpose of this user registration, applicants shall provide information that is accurate, relevant, and up-to-date.
Once the Company approves a User's registration, these Terms and Conditions shall come into effect as the Service's agreement that governs the relationship between the Company and the User.
If deemed that any of the reasons below are applicable to the registration applicant, the Company may reject said application, with absolutely no obligation for the Company to supply details of those reasons.
- If false information has been supplied when applying for user registration.
- If the application is being made by an applicant who has previously violated these Terms and Conditions.
- For any other reason deemed as applicable by the Company.
Article 3. User ID and Password Management
Users shall have full responsibility for managing their own user IDs and passwords for the Service.
Users may not, under any circumstances, transfer or lend their user IDs and passwords to a third party.
If a User has logged in using a user ID and password combination that matches the Company's registered information, the Company shall deem that the User who is registered under said user ID has made actual use of the Service.
Article 4. Service Fees and Payment Methods
Users may start using the Service for free. However, once Users have applied to use the Company's chargeable service, they shall be required to pay for the appropriate service fees as displayed on this web site using the payment methods prescribed by the Company.
Users shall be liable for any communication fees required for using the Service, such as Internet service provider fees, telephone line connections fees (including cell phone fees and packet communication fees), etc.
Article 5. Prohibition Clauses
Users must not exhibit any of the behaviors below when using the Service.
If a User is known to have exhibited any of these prohibited behaviors, the Company may prohibit said User from using the Service, impose restrictions on said User in their use of the Service, or delete said User’s ID. In these cases, the User may not raise any form of objection against the Company.
- Any behavior that violates the laws and regulations, or the public order and morals.
- Any behavior related to criminal behavior.
- Destroying or interfering with the functionality of the Company's servers or networks.
- Any behavior that interferes, or may interfere, with the management of the Company's services.
- Any behavior that damages, or may damage, the credibility or honor of the various services supplied by the Service.
- Illegally falsifying information entered by other Users or the Company.
- Impersonating other Users.
- Providing gains, either directly or indirectly, to antisocial groups, in connection to the use of the Company's services.
- Using the Service to provide or resell services similar to the Service to third parties, whether it is for profit or not.
- Any other behavior deemed as inappropriate by the Company.
Article 6. Service Suspensions, etc.
If deemed that any of the reasons below are applicable, the Company may, without giving prior notification to the Users, suspend or interrupt the supply of the Service, in whole or in part.
- If performing maintenance or updates on the Service's computer systems.
- If supplying the Service is deemed difficult due to force majeure, such as earthquakes, lightning, fire, power outages, or natural disasters.
- If the computer systems, communication lines, etc. have been suspended due to an incident.
- For any other reason deemed by the Company to cause difficulty in their supply of the Service.
The Company shall have no responsibility whatsoever, regardless of the reason, for any damages or disadvantages suffered by the Users or third parties due to the suspension or interruption of the Service.
Article 7. Disclaimer
The Company shall be exempt from liability for the non-performance of obligations, as long as this is not attributable to the Company's bad faith or gross negligence.
The Company provides no guarantees whatsoever with regard to the accuracy, compatibility, etc. of the information supplied to the Users on the Service.
The Company shall be liable for providing compensation only up to the amount paid for the Company's chargeable services (when signed up to a continuous service, the amount corresponding to one month's worth) within the scope of general damages, even if responsibility is attributable to the company for any reason.
The Company shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any transactions, communications, disputes, etc. that arise between the Users and other Users or third parties in connection to the Service.
Article 8. Service Changes, etc.
The Company may, without giving any notification to the Users, change the contents of the Service or stop the supply of the Service at any time, and the Company shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any damages caused by these actions to the Users.
Article 9. Changes to these Terms and Conditions of Use
If deemed as necessary, the Company may make changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving any notification to the Users.
Article 10. Notification and Communications
The Company may publish a variety of notifications within the Service as a form of communication with the Users.
If there has been a change in a User's registered information, such as their e-mail address, said User may reflect said changes on the Service using the methods prescribed separately by the Company.
Article 11. Prohibition of Transfer of Rights and Obligations
The Users may not, without obtaining prior written consent from the Company, transfer or pledge as collateral to a third party, their contractual status, or their rights and obligations originating from these Terms and Conditions.
Article 12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted and governed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
Any disputes arising in connection to the Service shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo Summary Court or the Tokyo District Court as court of first instance.
Enacted January 25, 2016